Sunday, December 19, 2010

December 19, 2010

I thought I'd make a quick posting, just in case anyone is checking in.

First, let me congratulate everyone for their wonderful performance at the Christmas concert. The class did a spectacular job - and not just by my estimation: LOTS of people have remarked on what a super job the class did. Well done, everyone!

Secondly, even though no reading was sent home for the holidays, I hope all the students continue to read, and that care-givers read to and with them. The class has learned so much - it would be nice to keep that literary ball rolling over the break. Remember that there are lots of good books on the Tumblereaders link, and that our lovely public library will be open over the holiday.

Next, I'm sure many people already know that on this year's winter solstice (December 21), there will be a total lunar eclipse, but I thought I'd post a reminder, anyway. I'm not sure what time the eclipse is scheduled, but some of you might find a late bedtime worth the investment. Hopefully the skies will be clear for good views. (Maybe watching for the eclipse could be tied in with a "practise watch" for Santa's sleigh .... )

Finally, I wanted to wish everyone a very happy ho-ho-holiday! Remember to set out the Genuine Reindeer Food on Christmas Eve!

See you all next year!

No comments: