Tuesday, March 8, 2011

It was a bit frosty to cross country ski this morning and the Grade Three students had booked the skis for the afternoon, so we didn't get a chance to go today. We'll try again tomorrow - again, weather permitting.

Come by the school some time this week and check out the life sized self portraits that the students designed and created. We made them as a follow-up to a book called "I Ain't Gonna Paint No More." It's about a little boy who gets in trouble for painting the walls and floors and ceilings of his house. He promises that he won't paint anymore, but then his good intentions crumble because, as he puts it, "There ain't no harm if I paint my arm, I just can't rest 'til I paint my chest, and I just can't stand not to paint my hand." He ends up covered in paint from head to toe... just like our art projects!

No comments: